TSR 2/9/20 CBB Picks w/ Guest Picker Hope Dollarhide



On Saturdays and Sundays for the remainder of the college basketball season, the TSR team is going to add guest pickers to our usual daily selections. They will be on the Guest Pick Standings page on the menu of our website. Our next guest picker is a current basketball player at Lawrence Tech University, and a proud alum of Wayland Union High School, Hope Dollarhide.


Q&A w/ Hope Dollarhide



1. What was the most memorable game during your time at Wayland?
My most memorable game at Wayland would be the top 5 matchup between us and Grand Rapids Catholic Central. It was a game of high level talent and it was extremely competitive. The game lasted two overtimes where we came out on top, winning 76-75. It was the most hype game of my career and I won’t ever forget it.

2. How about at LTU, is there a game that sticks out more than the rest?
Well hopefully the best game of my career is coming up in these next few games because we play both of the top teams in our conference still! I would really like to beat them since we haven’t yet, so let me get back to you on that one.

3. Has there been a teammate that has had the biggest impact on you, either in LTU or Wayland? 
When I was at Wayland, Presley Hudson had the biggest impact on me, because she was my best friend, but she also pushed me everyday to be the best player on the court, even when I didn’t want to hear it. We spent mornings getting up at 5 to workout with the boys and staying after every day to play 2 on 2 or 1 on1 or just get in the gym. She helped me develop into who I am. 

4. You are also a member at St. Paul Lutheran in Caledonia. Who is the best basketball player the church has ever seen?
Definitely Coralie Miller, she's so smart when it comes to basketball.


5. You have a unique major in robotics engineering. What drove you to choose this field?
I am constantly moving, working on problems, and I am fascinated by the growth of the field. I also saw the most opportunity there for myself personally. 

6. Some people may not know that you are a Kentucky Wildcats fan. What caused that to happen?
BBN is like no other. I fell in love with Anthony Davis and Coach Cal in middle school and have been hooked ever since. I got the opportunity to visit Lexington and Rupp Arena and the vibe was just amazing. I love that Kentucky continuously proves people wrong year after year, and they develop players like no other school. I really love seeing the big guys develop like Nick Richards, PJ Washington and Derek Willis, just to name a few. This year's team is going to be my pick to win it all, as always!

7. Favorite Kentucky Wildcat?
Nick Richards is my current favorite because I love his growth and determination, plus he has a sick number. Of all time, it would definitely be Anthony Davis for being, you know, AD.

8. You are one of the biggest WNBA fans that we know. Who are your favorites in the league?
 I love the Aces. I love Liz Cambage, A’ja Wilson, and Kelsey Plum. My favorite player would be Liz Cambage because she is versatile, she has a swagger about her, and I just love her whole vibe. She’s a beast and can take anybody at any position, 1 through 5.

9. Finally, who do you think wins the NCAA Women's Tournament this season?
My money is on Oregon!



SUNDAY’S GAMES

1. Rutgers vs Northwestern (6:30, BTN)

Hope: Rutgers- I think they have better big men, and they are better rebounders.

Nick: Rutgers- The Scarlet Knights are UNTOUCHABLE at the RAC. Take into account that Northwestern is horrible, and this should be another win for an NCAA Tournament team.

Sam: Rutgers- This is simple. RAC Attack baby!

Zach: Rutgers- I do think Rutgers will lose at the RAC this year, most likely to Illinois or Maryland, but it will not even come close to happening in this game.

2. Wisconsin vs Ohio State (1:00, CBS)

Hope: Ohio State- They are playing well coming off their win against Michigan

Nick: Wisconsin- The Badgers have won their last three home games, with four road losses scattered in between. I will take Wisconsin solely as a result of the Big Ten’s weird tendency for the home team to win games this year.

Sam: Wisconsin- You can’t trust Ohio State on the road this season

Zach: Ohio State- Even on the road, I feel like Ohio State is turning the page on their season. They have been playing like a much different time as of late.

3. Marquette vs Butler (12:00, FS1)

Hope: Marquette- I have to go with my main man D-Wade’s alma mater!

Nick: Marquette- It’s a sell-out crowd at Fiserv, it’s also “National Marquette Day” and a stripe-out. Take that into effect with the nation’s leading scorer in Markus Howard, and you’ve got yourself a victory for the Golden Eagles.

Sam: Marquette- I just haven’t been able to trust Butler lately...

Zach: Marquette- Markus Howard vs Kamar Baldwin = Must-See TV

4. UCONN vs Cincinnati (12:00, CBSSN)

Hope: Cincinnati- The Bearcats play tenacious defense, and that is the advantage in this game.

Nick: UCONN- The Cincinnati administration is fretting, as their football coach Luke Fickell is interviewed by Michigan State on their home turf tomorrow. #FickleWatch stress infects the whole athletic department, and the Huskies get a home victory.

Sam: UCONN- Huskies coming of a huge win against Tulsa, build more momentum for Danny Hurley.

Zach: UCONN- What Nick said

5. Houston vs Wichita State (3:00, ESPN)

Hope: Wichita State

Nick: Houston- This is a battle of the two best coaches in the AAC. I will take the more experienced Houston Cougars team, though I can’t wait to see what they both do in March.

Sam: Houston- Grimes grinds dawg...

Zach: Houston- Do I even have to say why I am picking the Cougars.... One of my favorite backcourts in the entire country

6. Clemson vs Notre Dame (6:00, ACC)

Hope: Notre Dame

Nick: Clemson- This is a battle between two subpar ACC teams on a Sunday night. Let’s go with the home team, as Littlejohn can be a tough place to play.

Sam: Clemson

Zach: Clemson

7. Washington State vs Washington (6:00, ESPNU)

Hope: Washington- Quade was a Cat, now my boy plays for Washington.

Nick: Washington- The Apple Cup is a hallowed obscurity in the college football landscape, but it is a rather meaningless basketball rivalry. I was always a supporter of Wazzu in this series on the gridiron, and that will continue with Nick Rolovich. However, their hoops team can’t hang in this series, as Isaiah Stewart is an elite player.

Sam: Washington- The Huskies need this one bad, and they get it.

Zach: Washington- Isaiah Stewart is a man amongst boys in this matchup, although CJ Elleby has some nice hair and some nice game, averaging 18/7 for the Cougars

8. UCF vs Tulsa (2:00, ESPN3)

Hope: Tulsa- Gotta pick the team with the better record here.

Nick: Tulsa- The Golden Hurricane continue to be a surprise this season, and Frank Haith’s bunch is poised to make the NCAA Tournament, as well as potentially earning an AAC regular season title. They are ½ game back in the league, and this would be their first title since the 2014 CUSA. Too many goals in sight to blow this game against a team that misses Taco Fall.

Sam: Tulsa

Zach: UCF

9. UNC-Greensboro vs Samford (1:00, ESPN+)

Hope: Samford- I’m feeling the underdog gets the huge upset here.

Nick: UNCG- Samford has lost nine straight games, but they played G extremely close in their last meeting. The Bulldogs make it close, but the Spartans get the victory to keep it interesting in the race against Furman and ETSU.

Sam: UNCG- Spartans win!

Zach: UNCG- Fans of G once told me that they were the real Spartans...

10. Bradley vs Evansville (2:00, CBSSN)

Hope: Evansville- I’m hoping they can keep balling after that Kentucky upset!

Nick: Bradley- The Braves were a magical team last year, when they ran the MVC Tournament before giving Michigan State a run for their money in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Darrell Brown is a truly phenomenal player for the Braves, averaging 14.5 points this season.

Sam: Bradley

Zach: Bradley- They had a real shot of upsetting a team that eventually went to the Final Four in Michigan State last year, and they bring a lot back from that team

Comments